Friday 9 December 2011

2012~a new year, a new begininng

I still remember when the year 2012 seemed like some futuristic time with flying cars and robot butlers.  As December comes to an end and with it 2011, I find my self in much the same state as every December with my mind turning to thoughts of the future.  The bigger future not just 2012 but beyond that, as a mother I now have even more reasons to question what that future holds. 

 The world is becoming (or maybe it always was but I just never took the time to notice) a scary place.  It seems everyday we are losing more control over the simple things like our food, our air, our heath.  Our world is overwhelmed by our human presence and seems as if many have not taken the time or effort to consider what effect we are having on its delicate balance.  I find it extremely refreshing to see, however, that this is changing and a movement has begun by many to change the way we are effecting the earth, altering our perspective and the footprint we leave behind.  I hope that in my lifetime changes will be made that we will began to reverse the adverse effects that all the last century has caused on the atmosphere the earth and oceans. My main concern right now going into 2012 if feeding my family heathy, wholesome food, free of chemicals and genetically modified ingredients, learning more about food, how its produced, whats in it and lessening my dependency on imported ingredients and instead using ingredients available locally, organically and sustainably.  This blog will hopefully be a journal and information outlet for me to share my experience, cooking, growing and learning more about food.  Here are a couple of pictures from my garden this year, there is truly nothing like growing and eating something you have nurtured over months, I'm so looking forward to combing through next years seed catalogues for next years harvest.





No comments:

Post a Comment