Wednesday 21 March 2012

First Day of Spring

My Tomato Variety this Year 2012

First Day of Spring yesterday and I feel like my garden is already off and running even if the actual garden outside is not so  much.  Started the first of my tomatoes on Saturday (March 17th) this is my first time growing tomatoes from seed so fingers crossed.  I've given them a nice warming mat to keep them warm



 and I can already report they have poked through five days later.  Sadly I think I've mixed up my varieties :(  so it might be a bit of a surprise as to who turns out in the end. Hopefully this weekend I will begin hardining off my onion, leeks and broccoli to go out in the garden.  Its still pretty darn cold here but all those guys are cold hardy and I have a brand spanking new baby poly tunnel to protect them.  Also my huge seed order arrived Monday just like a happy spring present and I've been carefully looking over seeds excited to plant but trying to be patient.




No comments:

Post a Comment