Friday 16 March 2012

Spring Soon.........ish

Well spring is on its way, although it is hard to tell outside with this last little bout of snow and yuck.  I've been a bad blogger but to be fair as I reflect I think winter is not really the best time to start a blog about growing food.
A couple of weeks ago I finally embarked on  my first starting seeds indoors venture, and I must say they are doing remarkable, nothing boosts once confidence like things thriving.

 The seedlings I started in February are Green Magic Broccoli, Alisa Craig Onions (trying to grow onions from seed this year) Varna Leeks, Celery(I'll have to check the variety) and some Black Beauty Eggplants.  Its almost time to transplant these little guys into bigger containers which means I'm way over do for some pictures of their progress.  Hopefully in the next few days I will start my tomatoes!! I've got my little veggie starting operation downstairs in the basement with a couple of fluorescent lights keeping them happy a spritz of water every day or so and they are thriving.

Well I'm hoping to put down a little more about this seed starting adventure so hopefully more regular postings. March is exciting as shortly my broccoli, onion, and leek babies as well as peas, potatoes, spinach, lettuce and radishes can get growing outside!!

No comments:

Post a Comment